1. "supply.ie" or "website" or "supply.ie website"
refers to a website under the control of R&D Slua Ltd, IGNITE
Innovation Centre, Western Gateway Building, Western Road, Cork
2. "User" is a person who accesses the website by the URL www.supply.ie or associated URI/IP addresses.
3. "Registered User" can refer to either a buyer or supplier who has registered their details and those of their company according to the procedures set out on the website
4. "Supplier" means a natural or legal person providing a service or supplying goods of a tangible or intangible nature, who responds to a request for quotation or otherwise participates in a request hosted by the supply.ie website.
5. "Buyer" means a natural or legal person who creates a request for quotation or otherwise solicit quotes on the supply.ie website
6. "Request for Tender" means a request posted by a buyer for goods or services to be supplied in accordance with specifications outlined by the buyer.
7. "Request" means the process by which a supplier offers goods or services to a buyer according to the particulars stated in the request for tender. This is done by means of what is commonly known as electronic Request for Quotation (e-RfQ).
8. "Quote" means an irrevocable offer for goods or services made by a supplier for the acceptance by a buyer at their discretion
9. "Services" means all of the functional services provided by the website, including creation of notices, uploading of quote documentation, downloading of documents, posting of questions and answers, online submission of quotes and other general services. Services also includes the technical, managerial and operational services provided by the website in delivering the functional services.
The use of the supply.ie website is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. R&D Slua Ltd. has taken great care and effort to ensure the website is free of defects and that all information is current and free from errors and omissions. However the use of this website is governed by these terms and conditions. Please take the time to read them carefully. By using the website you will be deemed to have accepted them and that your use is at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and Interpretation
When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site, shall also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any dispute arises from your use of the site or any of the information on it, you agree to allow such dispute to be heard in the Irish courts. If any provisions contained here within are deemed or found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then the provision(s) so found shall be deemed to be severable.
In the event that a user transmits or otherwise transfers material to the website by means of a request for quotation, a quote or otherwise, supply.ie and its agents have no responsibility for the accuracy, veracity and completeness of same and for any errors in the manner of its input. For the purposes of running the website all users grant R&D Slua Ltd. an irrevocable licence to use any information which they publish.
Request/quote information on this site may not be amended, altered or modified in any way. Information on this site may not be reproduced without the consent of supply.ie and the owner/provider of the information concerned.
Users of the website agree that they will not upload any material, including questions, that are malicious, abusive, frivolous or otherwise inappropriate. This includes the contact us section of the website.
Liability and Disclaimer
R&D Slua Ltd., its officers or its agents:
- shall not be liable for any delays, interruptions, errors or failures in the provision of the services not within the reasonable control of supply.ie and its agents including force majeure, failure or fluctuation of electrical power, industrial action, industrial disputes, breakdown or other malfunctions of the user’s or the website’s or its agents’ telephone or other technical equipment, including software;
- do not accept responsibility expressed or implied for the accuracy, suitability, usefulness, and completeness or otherwise of the information and data contained on this site;
- shall not be liable, either in contract or in tort, for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages or any other losses, costs, expenses or damage of any kind claimed to have arisen as a result of using this site or as a result of the nonavailability, nonfunctioning
- or malfunctioning of the services or otherwise in connection therewith;
- do not warrant that the information and data contained on this site or sites linked to this is free from infection by computer viruses or that it does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person;
- do not accept responsibility for any errors in transmission or downloading documentation from this site;
- do not accept responsibility for nonadherence by to the stipulated closing dates and times expressed i request documents or otherwise amended by the buyer;
- is a conduit for the provision of a means of communication between parties contracting at arms length. supply.ie is an intermediary service provider within the definition of Directive 2000/1/EC and S.I 68 of 2003. It provides a service whereby it facilitates the making of contracts between two or more persons and the relevant service provided by him or her consists of the provision of access to a communication network;
- without prejudice to the foregoing hereby disclaims any obligations under the various guarantees which may be offered from time to time by manufacturers of products insofar as permitted by law;
A quote constitutes an irrevocable offer to the Buyer on foot of a request for quotation to supply goods or services requested. Acceptance by the buyer of the quote will create a contractual relationship between supplier and buyer.
1. Suppliers may not use an alias to place false quotes.
2. Suppliers may not otherwise manipulate the pricing or quoting for a request
3. Suppliers may not alter quotes after the event in any manner.
4. Suppliers are prohibited to publish their business name, phone number or email address in their product description and correspondence with the buyer prior to the request ending.
5. Quotes must be complete and all terms and conditions must be disclosed to buyers.
6. The Buyer has the option to accept the offers of any of the suppliers participating in the request. Once a quote has been submitted in the course of a request it may not be retracted, unless the posted request contained a material inaccuracy in specifications or misrepresentation or the identity of the buyer cannot be authenticated.
All quotes are final once submitted. In the event of a mistake, supply.ie should be contacted immediately, however doing so does will not guarantee the retraction of a quote or the existence of a consequential contractual relationship.
When a buyer creates a request for tender or otherwise solicits quotes on the website they have extended an invitation to treat to suppliers to meet the requirements specified in the request, including but not limited to price, payment terms, shipping terms, and payment methods.
Once a request for quotation is posted on the Site:
1. Buyers may not contact any suppliers about a request prior to the closing of the request.
2. Buyers are advised to not publish their business name or any such contact details in their request and correspondence with the supplier.
3. Buyers are solely responsible for the content of the request and warrant that all information supplied in the listing shall be true and accurate to the best of buyers knowledge and belief and not be misleading in any manner. supply.ie at its absolute discretion may require Users to supply additional information concerning the listings submitted.
4. Buyers may not use an alias to place false quotes for your request, or any other request.
5. Buyers may not otherwise manipulate the pricing or quoting under your request, or any other request.
6. Buyers may not manipulate prior spending figures in any way to reflect an incorrect spend total.
Technical Steps to Creation of Contractual Relations between Buyer and Supplier
Communicating with users
Termination of Registration
R&D Slua Ltd. reserves the right to terminate without notice the account of any Registered user where there is a breach or suspected breach of these terms and conditions.
While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by supply.ie and its agents, including the provision of a secure and robust operating environment, the nature of communication by the Internet is such that supply.ie cannot absolutely guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of communications transmitted via the Internet from interference by third parties.
Copyright & Trademarks
supply.ie trademarks and the supply.ie logo, and supply.ie website text, origination and design belong to R&D Slua Ltd. R&D Slua Ltd. hold the trademark for the term supply. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners. The information displayed on this site is public. Reproduction is authorised provided the source is acknowledged and permission has been obtained from supply.ie and the owner/provider of information on the site.
Use of your information and your preferences
We will use your information to communicate with you and notify you of any upcoming requests which may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
Once you have registered to use www.supply.ie you will be provided with access to a personal profile page that will allow you amend communications preferences. To change your preferences simply log in, click "Notifications". If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, please select your choice accordingly on that page. Please note that there may be instances where it will be necessary for us to communicate with you in any event for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Disclosures of your information
Except as explicitly notified in the course of negotiating transactions between third parties we will never pass your personal data to anyone else other than group companies and any successors in title to our business. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and development purposes.
Other web sites
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address:supply.ie, IGNITE Innovation Centre, Western Gateway Building, Western Road, Cork enclosing your postal details and a cheque for €6.35 payable to R&D Slua Ltd.